mercredi, février 25, 2009

Tagliatelle with Zucchini Flowers (Fleur de Courgette) and Shrimp

Tagliatelle with Zucchini Flowers and Shrimp

Am always tempted to buy zucchini flowers when I see them and the last batch from the Modena market was very cute. But am quite tired of making tempuras out of them so this time round I made a Tagliatelle with (female) Zucchini Flowers and Shrimp.


Never one to waste food if I can help it, I had stock left over from last night's Poached Skate with Lemon-Butter-Shallot Sauce and not wanting to make Fish Soup, had to do something else with the stock I poached the fish in. Kept some for the pasta sauce and the rest I used to cook the tagliatelle in. Rich.


The sauce I made in 2 steps : 1) Heat olive oil, add in garlic, raw shrimps. Set aside. 2) Heat more olive oil, brown garlic, onions, zucchini flowers, ground chilli, salt and pepper till fragrant, stir in tomato pulp, fish stock, simmer. 2 minutes before serving, add in garlic shrimps, mix well and serve hot on bed of tagliatelle cooked in fish stock.


I have a few other recipes up my sleeve but they mainly involve stuffing the flowers (what else) and I am not fond of handling the delicate flowers.

Aucun commentaire: