mardi, février 24, 2009

Bento Me Too

Home-made Tuna and Cucumber/Egg Makis, Carrot, Cucumber, Seedless Grapes and Radishes

Woke up at 5 this morning. So that Eldest Son could be at the train station before 6:30 in time to catch his train to Venice for the day. The Middle Years children are on an Art and Music trip to Venice. They are learning about the impact of advertising on society and how it can be used to influence and persuade people. Today is the last day of the Carnevale so they will get the chance to be part of the tradition and also view the "Sensation 2009" music initiatives and sound installations. All this should help them prepare their own campaign to influence and persuade people to take action in order to save Venice from further destruction caused by flooding. And create their own sound installation.

All of the above to persuade me to wake up at 5, prepare him breakfast and lunch to take with him and drive to the station in the cold. And spend the rest of the day worrying about him falling into the water.

Of course he was really excited about the trip. Actually woke up immediately this morning without me having to scream. Truth be told, I'm excited for him too. Though I'm an old hag now, I can still remember how I felt when I went on an excursion with my classmates. And that was only to Mandai.

Meanwhile I couldn't resist this. SIG has been blogging about at least 30 bentos todate - ever since her Princess started Primary One. Every day it's something different, made with love and imagination. Since I have the occasion to make one today, I thought I should blog about it too. Nothing special, but man, a bento's a bento.

Insulating bag contained the bento, 2 ham sandwiches for breakfast and a few snacks for tea - he freaked out because it looked sissy

At noon I had lunch with a male stranger. Yes, tried telling the Hub about it but he wasn't interested. Someone I've exchanged a few emails with. And introduced to by the cleaning lady. Haha.

4 commentaires:

Dutchess a dit…

You are such a dedicated mum! Sonny-boy only gets regular sandwiches from me. Besides, anything out of his comfort zone, he refuses to eat.

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

I can assure you that mine doesn't get "regular" anything from this mom. We've paid them to lunch at the canteen, bentos are extra work.

SIG a dit…

Wow, that's a great start. Nothing like food made with love. :)

The Antiques Diva™ a dit…

I love the "picnic sushi lunch" - my next "road trip" with my husband I'll surprise him with the same! Great idea!