jeudi, février 26, 2009

Dirndel

Red Dirndel with Blue Apron

The Dutchess called me from Beijing asking if I could show her pictures of my Dirndels. I forgot to ask her how she knew. Did I mention it before? Or did she see that on Facebook? Anyway, I would draw the line at posting pictures of me in them, but there should be no harm in showing you just the dresses themselves. In return, I get to see all your most exciting shopping finds - deal?


No, it is not true that I wear them with my pink Prada heels for the Hub. As far as I know he doesn't have anything for German barmaids. I was at AB's house the other day and saw a beautiful picture of her in a Dirndel. That reminded me of how I frustrated I had felt 2 years ago when I left Stuttgart without one.

I like buying traditional costumes. I have a Sari, a Punjabi suit, a Baju Kurong (looking for a Kebaya), a few Cheongsums...When I get bored with my jeans and T-shirt, I sometimes put on one of those costumes. So why not a Dirndel?

4 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Nice!

The Antiques Diva™ a dit…

Hmmm... I'm thinking I need a drindle to mark my new life living in Germany!

Dutchess a dit…

I want the red one!

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Thanks, ladies!

Diva, bonne installation en Allemagne. I'm sure you'll look divine in a Dirndel.