lundi, février 02, 2009

Roller Babies


On a whim I bought Baby Girl a pair of in-line roller blades from Decathlon. That same evening, she put them on, got on her feet, fell down once, picked herself up and then started roller-blading away. Just like that.

Baby Boy started whinging, of course. I thought that he was a little too small for that so I didn't get him any. But I couldn't bear to see his sad face so I dug around and found Eldest Son's old pair of blades. Too big for him but he put them on, made himself comfortable in them and like his sister, started roller-blading away!

Those kids certainly didn't get their sense of balance from me. Because I have none. But Hub is good at things like that. They must have gotten it from their daddy.

Just one day after getting her little wheels, Baby Girl was so at ease in them she even started to dress up like a clown, fairy etc and rollerbladed round the house in her costumes...

3 commentaires:

SIG a dit…

That was how my learnt it too! On Christmas Day 07. Haha! Good job, T!

Pris a dit…

So cool.... I guess kids learn way faster than the adults...I´m going for my second ski trip in 2 weeks time and am still wondering if I´d be able to ski properly at the end of it. We went ice-skating after 6 years (?!? Last time in Canada) and I´m glad to say that I could skate reasonably after 2 hours....plus the ice wasn´t fastastic...

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Kids do learn faster (great for Princess too, D!) though when I was a kid it didn't happen to me that way (paiseh).

I can't skate though I can ski - after 5 years.