samedi, février 21, 2009

Serravalle Designer Outlet, Italy

Serravalle Outlet

I've always wanted to go to the Serravalle Outlet (courtesy of my dear Bella Tigre) but it's too far away from Modena for a day trip. Then I realised when I was planning the trip to Genoa that it would just be 30 minutes away by car (on the way back to Modena) so I just had to go there, n'est-ce pas?

Day's Spoil

There are 150 boutiques in this outlet including Ferragamo, D&G, Boss, Cacharel, Bvlgari, Prada, Guess and even Burger King (haha). The Sale was unfortunately at an end so there weren't any exciting buys, or else I couldn't find my size (adios to 2 pairs of shoes I had my eye on at Ferragamo), but I couldn't leave emptyhanded so I got myself a slightly-too-small and way-too-tall pair of fushia pink heels from Prada. Also wanted a pair of golden boots from the same boutique but my fat calves couldn't squeeze into them.


I also thought of getting this long purple leather jacket from Guess, but thought of the Hub and his reaction, "What? Another leather jacket???" and managed to control myself. But as you can see, I'm still thinking about it.

Went into the Bvlgari boutique and took a look at their jewellery. Do not know what the fuss' about, they have all those chunky stuff that's quite awful and the salesman couldn't even answer you when you asked him about the origin of the sapphire, whether it has been treated or not etc. Wearing a smart suit isn't enough they should train their staff better than that.

Was disappointed that they didn't have Polo or Burberry and that the Boss boutique is too small, after Metzingen I guess I couldn't accept any lesser.

Verdict : I like this outlet, but certainly wouldn't drive 2 hours just to shop there. By the way, bumped into 2 Singaporean boys from SMU doing an exchange near Milan. Can't miss the Singaporean accent. And they didn't think the shopping was good at Serravalle. They said they would try out Foxtown (in Mendriso on the Swiss side) the next day. Economy's going downhill but these young people still have so much money for shopping, ah? When I was a student I only shopped at Europa Discount...

Serravalle Designer Outlet
Via della Mode 1
15069 Serravalle Scrivia (AL)

Note : There is a daily bus service from Milan and a weekend bus service from Turin.

6 commentaires:

bellatigre a dit…

coincidentally enough, I saw the Serravalle bus coming into Turin this evening at 9pm, they must have special extra services during the sale season and yes, you have to go to Serravalle the first week or the beginning of the sales if not a lot of the 'barang' would be gone cos a ton of people are there every weekend and during the sales, the first week is pure madness!!

well at least you got a pair of hot heels!

Anonyme a dit…

I think there is another NTU girl at Milan now doing study exchange program, read it from some NTU girl's blog. I know kaypoh but since its a public blog, why not? Nowadays, these Sporean kids are going everywhere for exchange programs & internship programs overseas. Last time I was at NUS, no such thing existed ever!

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

E, it is true that even on a weekday the parking was full. Wouldn't dare to imagine how weekends must be like.

Anon, I wondered too how come when I was in NUS we didn't have internships and exchange programmes like they do now. Was just telling a friend the other day how maybe I wouldn't have insisted on doing my postgrad for a few years overseas if I have had the chance to just go for a year.

Dutchess a dit…

My dear, your pumps look girlishly fabulous. Talk about pretty in pink. :P

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

And quite painful too.

Dutchess a dit…

Ai swee mai mia! heh.