dimanche, décembre 07, 2008

Snow Tyres

Snow Tyre

After my near accident in the snow, I nagged the Hub to death about having snow tyres on the car and he in turn nagged his PA and the result = one email from the lady asking me to turn up at this garage in Maranello to have the mechanic measure my tyres etc.

Was told that it would only take a minute (with no need for an appointment?) which was why I turned up when I did hoping to move on to other things quickly since I'm very busy these days with Baby Girl's Birthday, the school's Winter Fair, Christmas etc all happening in the same month.

There were lots of cars around that morning as I announced myself (e.g. I am my Hub's wife - why not just myself?) to one of the mechanics. He talked to his boss and told me that I'd have my car in 30 minutes. Huh? Wasn't he supposed to just measure my tyres?



So I walked (in the cold) to the nearest supermarket and bought things I didn't really need (e.g. Moscato d'Asti that I drink like lemonade) just to kill time. Came back 35 minutes later and he still hadn't started on my car. Boy was I cold waiting around yet I didn't dare leave in case you know, out of sight out of mind. He proposed to have me wait in my own car. But I saw how they lifted the car one side at a time to change the tyres and didn't quite fancy being stuck in there. Plus I'm of course conscious of my weight.


Finally I spent nearly 2 hours there. Should have brought a book to read, 2 hours wasted in the intellectual vacuum, counting tyres and looking at other cars. And I still couldn't figure out what's so different about snow tyres. They looked the same to me and he gave me Pirelli not Michelin ones.

Aucun commentaire: