dimanche, décembre 14, 2008

Festa della Victoria 2008

Champions 8 out of 10 times!

We won the Constructor's Title at this year's F1 races. That's a good enough reason to hold the victory celebration and they've decided to hire the excellent Fiorello again. And guess who was the guest performer? GIANNA NANNINI!!!!!!

I could understand the Italian a little better this year so it was a good thing. Before the concert, we made a trip to Ikea next door to buy a big shelf for all my WW3 food stock. Hub got sick of seeing all the plastic bags around in the kitchen and actually bought AND assembled the shelf all within 24 hours. I also managed to convince him to buy me a wooden trolley for my Kenwood Patissier robot so that I may finally take it out of its box. So the kitchen looks pretty cool at the moment even though it's still only Ikea.

The little buffet outside the VIP area

They used the same caterer that they had at Mugello at the Festa della Victoria. I knew it by the chocolate cake. It was light and yet tasty. The next time I see the owner of the catering company I'm going to try to make him share his recipe.

Ferrari Kids

We had VIP seats like last year. This year we were seated behind Jean Todt and Michelle Yeoh and before Fiorello's and Nannini's guests. They had the good idea to offer everyone a Ferrari cap and T-shirt, plus those light in a tube that you can wave in the dark with.


The music was so loud it rang in my ears for a long time after the concert. Though Baby Boy managed somehow to sleep through it. Fiorello's a gem with excellent repartee and delivery timing and he knew how to oil Montezemolo the right way to stay in the man's good shoes. My Italian teacher's friend used to go out with him in those days when he was a nobody.

Fiorello

Gianna sang beautifully, I just love her. She's making some sort of a comeback now, with an almost all-German band. But she's really quite old. And still as crazy, at some point she actually jumped on Montezemolo to hug him. But they're friends. Her brother used to pilot in the F1 races long long ago before he had his arm chopped off by the blade of his helicopter.

Gianna Nannini

This concert was a great way to share Ferrari's victory with all its employees and their families. Eldest Son even got Massa to sign on his cap which would have a tragic end to it. I'll tell you about this another day.

The Pilots on stage

Aucun commentaire: