vendredi, juillet 27, 2007

Thank you for the book


I drove out of the house yesterday and saw that there was a packet sticking out of my letter box. Yippee - mail! I'm a sucker for mail, used to have 40 penpals from all over the world when I was a teenager so that there would always be a letter waiting for me in the letter box.

It was from Amazon. Hmm...didn't order anything from them lately and in any case it was addressed to both Hubby and myself. Had to be a present.

And as I've guessed it right, it was from the Schwarzs. To thank us for our sans-serviette hospitality the week before. It was a book by Hervé THIS : Casseroles & Éprouvettes, about the Science of Food.

When they were around, I had mentioned that cooking is not just an art, but also a science, that I'm still trying to figure out the latter and how it could help me better understand my food and cook it better. They knew of this book, so voilà the book aussitôt mentionné aussitôt reçu. Time for some heavy reading.

Thank you very much B and F for the book and the next time you visit us, I'll work on making sure that I receive an equally interesting gift :-).

Aucun commentaire: