samedi, juillet 28, 2007

La Brace

I've mentioned before that Hubby used to dine very often at La Brace in Maranello when he was living here alone in the week. Usually served decent portions and somemore get discount. Now that I'm around, he would bring us there to dine in most Friday evenings to maintain *relations*, support supporter. Suits me fine, don't have to cook so I'm certainly not going to complain.

The food is not too bad in general. Classic stuff like pizzas, pasta, meat, seafood (usually fried or grilled), pretty good value for money (as long as they do not ketok you like they did me once). And at the end of the meal they usually serve you the Nonna's home-made Limoncello guaranteed to kill all bacteria in the stomach so strong it is.

The service is usually assured by the son of the family, a certain Mario. The thing about eating there for us is that we're pretty exposed. To the village. There would always be some colleague of Hubby's hanging around in the restaurant. The other evening, a young lady came up to us with her hubby, nearly paralysed my hand with her iron grip and introduced herself as one of Hubby's Senior Buyers. Better still, she informed us that she's actually the restaurant owners' tenant, renting part of their house in Maranello.

Which is why I always try to remember to bathe and comb my hair and put on something clean before I go to the restaurant. And to try not to chew with my mouth open. And more difficult, to try not to finish up everybody's plates.

Ristorante Pizzeria "La Brace"
Via Claudia Est, 22
Maranello (MO)
Tel. 0536/941159

1 commentaire:

SteamyKitchen a dit…

Oh wow. This food looks so delicious! I would love to have a bite of the prawns!