mercredi, juillet 25, 2007

Risotto à la Queue de Lotte et aux Crevettes Roses

I have a little fascination with the burbot (lotte en Français) as I've not made it in a while and seeing it so often here with its ugly face and meaty tail gave me the desire to cook it.

So I bought one the day we bought the stingray at Carrefour and made a Risotto à la Queue de Lotte et aux Crevettes Roses with it. Basically just Rice with Tail of Burbot and Cooked Pink Prawns.

OK, I wanted to cook it like a paella at first (which would give me a crispy fish), but I suspected that it would be better to cook it like a risotto to benefit fully from the juices of the fish, which led me to combine methods in the end.

Onion
Garlic
Celery
Fish cut into big cubes
Prawns with heads removed (but kept aside) and shells peeled
Carrots
Zucchini
Capsicum
Olive Oil
Chicken Broth
Dill, Thyme, Bay Leaf, Parsley
Arborio Rice
Saffron
Lemon Juice
Sautée heads of prawns and Burbot tail bone in olive oil till fragrant
Remove heads (infuse them in the chicken stock instead) and add in garlic, vegs (but not the zucchini - I know some escaped me though) etc
Add rice, stir a little, push aside and cook the fish
Remove the fish when the juices are out and the meat almost cooked through

Add in the prawn-infused chicken broth ladle by ladle

Put in the zucchini, fish and prawns when the rice is almost cooked. Cover. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese and lots of lemon juice (fishy dish).

The result

Hmm, the next time I'll do it in an Indian Curry...

Aucun commentaire: