vendredi, juillet 27, 2007

Herb Pesto, Orechiette with Salmon

It started out like this. I went to the supermarket to buy a few vegetables to make a soup. Then before I could pick them up, I came across some fresh Orechiette pasta. Have always wanted to buy some.

So I did and spent the next half hour thinking of what to cook it with. Left the supermarket without the vegetables. OK, so no soup tonight.

I was convinced that it would do great with salmon. Then I wondered what sauce I should accompany it with. I walked a few rounds in the kitchen and kept seeing my pots of Basilic and Mint. *Lightbulb* Why not a Herb Pesto???

Basilic Leaves (wherever possible use fresh herbs)
Mint
Scallions
Thyme
Parsley
Rosemary
Dill
Garlic
Parmesan Cheese
Coarse Sea Salt and Pepper
Olive Oil

The Salmon I marinated them quickly with Honey and Balsamic Vinegar. Seared them on a hot pan (the idea is to have them grilled on the outside and pink on the inside). Serve hot with fresh tomatoes, the Orechiette pasta and the Herb Pesto. Yummy.

7 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

hoooola seeereeeeene...

robert vient de me montrer ton superbe blog et les photos de ta belle maison. felicitations. sylvain semble tres bien, plus maigre et les filles a cote sont -elles celles de sa soeur? armand et thea son tres beaux comme tjrs, charges des photos de toi et de Shawn. je t embrasse, bonne chance et bonne chance avec les scorpions, j en ai plusieurs ici a la maison, mais a deux jambes!!!
CRISTINA

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Sa soeur n'est pas mariée et n'a pas d'enfants. La fille est sa filleule et le garçon le frère de la fille. Marcel manque à Shawn, il parle tout le temps de jouer à la Playstation avec lui. Portes-toi bien et gros bisous à toute la famille.

mri a dit…

hey dearie, u know where I can get fresh pasta in Stuttgart? Wud like to try your recipe...they look yummy!

East Meets West Kitchen a dit…

Oh yummy! Another great looking dish. Sorry I missed your question earlier, and yes, they are twins. :)

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

You'll have to try the Markthalle, I guess. Otherwise I've seen an Italian grocery at Ruit not far from the U-Bahn stop. Edeka does industrially-made fresh pasta though you may not find the Orechiette. I think can be replaced with the easy-to-find Penne.

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

For your pretty twins EMWK, peifu peifu, you must have your hands full and yet still find the time and energy to churn out such delicacies on such a regular rythm!

Dutchess a dit…

Lotus, I had this urge to stick my finger in your pesto photo to get a taste. They look that good!