mardi, mars 20, 2007

Pig's Liver with Szechuan Preserved Vegetables and Bean Sprouts


The supermarket near my place (REWE) just underwent some renovations recently. Now they have more shelf space and could stock more items. Needless to say, I was really happy to discover that and first thing Monday morning, I turned up and made a leisurely tour of the shop.

They have a better selection of meat now. I have sworn off beef for this week last week, but couldn't resist the vacuum-packed kilogramme of Brazilian Rump Beef on the shelf. Then my eyes fell upon a packet of Pig's Liver, all slippery and bloody and so very tempting. I grabbed it before I could change my mind and paid up.

Then I left to shop in Metzingen, filled with happy thoughts of my coming lunch.

The morning wasn't too bad. I had a good time in Hugo Boss, grabbing a few short-sleeved shirts for Hubby (Summer's coming and he still has to work then - poor soul). Polo Ralph Lauren was even better, I had quite a haul - linen, silk and cotton dresses, woollen jacket and a gorgeous red belt (don't I just love red).

After that I had 30 minutes to try to reach Baby Girl's school to pick her up. A little short, but if I didn't have to follow some lorry's bum, I should make it.

I reached the parking's exit. I've been so often to Metzingen that I should be able to navigate in the parking blindfolded. There was this car before mine. It didn't look like it was going to budge. So at the last minute, I swerved to the left and decided to exit from there. Except that I didn't get the angle right, I didn't see the little pole dividing the 2 exits and of course scratched the car on it. There's now a little dent and a dash that's at least 15cm long. Hubby's going to kill me.
Needless to say, I was late reaching Baby Girl's school.

Back home, I really needed comfort food and the liver certainly came in handy. I had a can of Szechuan Preserved Vegetables and that really reminded me of mom and her soups and stir-frys made with said veggie. So with some ginger, spring onions, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sherry and sesame oil, I made myself a Pig's Liver with Szechuan Preserved Vegetables and Bean Sprouts, served on a bed of Tang Hoon (Mung Bean Vermicelli). Sigh, really shiok...

Aucun commentaire: