lundi, mars 05, 2007

Petits Croissants et Confiture de Mascarpone-Caramel au Beurre Salé


I was still in my Mascarpone trip a few days ago and with the last of my imported Salted Butter at hand, decided to go ahead and make myself that sinfully rich Salted Butter Caramel Mascarpone Jam inspired by Fabienne's blog. And I made little puff pastry Croissants (crescents) to go with it.

There is no natural fruit pectin to activate in this jam, but the mascarpone will give you the texture you need once it's cooled sufficiently in the fridge. I used demerara sugar (you could use icing sugar like Fabienne) and loads of mascarpone so as to have a creamier jam. If you like a more "bronzed" jam, use less mascarpone. Don't take my measurements as exact as I've used amounts as I saw fit and made the jam more or less by feeling. Salted butter, sugar and mascarpone - quite an interesting combination. Also goes well with bitter dark chocolate (bitter-sweet-salty...).

More or less :

125g Salted Butter
60g Demerara Sugar
80g Mascarpone

Basically, just make a caramel using the salted butter and sugar. Once the caramel is ready (brown, sweet-smelling and sputtering all over), remove the pot from the fire and stir in the mascarpone. Pour into jars, leave it to cool and then store in the fridge.

Use it as a spread on toasts, brioches, cookies etc. I made mini-croissants (cut puff pastry into triangles and then just roll from the base of the triangle up to the peak, and shape both ends to make a crescent) with the jam in them. Baby Girl sat down before the pastries and just gobbled up 3-4 in a go. I also toasted a few brioche slices to go with the spread.

Well, adios to the diet.

Aucun commentaire: