vendredi, mars 02, 2007

Baby Picassos en Mi Casa


Eldest Son started it all when he came home one day and decided to paint. Just grabbed paper, brushes, water, watercolours and whipped up 3-4 paintings in like 30 minutes. Then he left everything on the table and moved on to something else.

The babies arrived. They took up where he left off, painted another few sheets of paper plus the table as well.

And this repeated itself everyday for like a week.

I screamed and threatened them to stop painting (especially the table), but to no avail. That's why Hubby liked to mock me for my lack of "natural authority".

And he even scotchtaped their pieces of work on the glass doors in the kitchen, blocking out the natural light and leaving marks all over the glass.

MIL would be happy though. She was convinced that Baby Girl has inherited her artistic talents (MIL used to paint). And as for Baby Boy, I paid for a few painting classes for babies last year for him and it looked like he hadn't forgotten how to hold a brush afterall. And Eldest Son? He didn't get a good grade for Fine Arts in school (the comment read : Showed little interest), so you wonder why he suddenly went into this painting frenzy at home (toc toc)...

Ahhh kids.

5 commentaires:

Pris a dit…

hey serene
Pris here. Wanna know if we´re still meeting on wed for lunch? Know that your children are sick, so its ok if we cancel the meeting. No worries. Just let me know ok? Take care.

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

I saw this Indian restaurant that does lunch buffets in town, more convenient to access, though probably not as good as Ganesha. It's near the Galeria Kaufhof at Eberhardstrasse. Shall we meet at 12:45pm?

Dutchess a dit…

I love your kids'paintings. They are cool! From day 1, I've always encouraged my son to draw, paint and colour. I have 2 walls in the kitchen reserved as his gallery and the exhibitions change every few weeks.

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Dutchess, if your boy's anything like you, his paintings must be really good.

And it goes to show that you own your walls, as I don't in this house and it is a constant nightmare making sure that things remain more or less intact everywhere...

le radical galoisien a dit…

I didn't care much about painting until sec 2, where I had a magnificent arts teacher who showed me just how powerful it could be.

The idea she propagated was you don't have to be naturally talented, like cultivating the talent since the age of 3 (although it helps), but that art was a poignant medium to expression, something that can be bent to the maker's will, just like poetry or argumentative writing ...