mercredi, octobre 24, 2007

Quick Cinnamon Rolls with Hazelnuts

Short-cut Cinnamon Rolls (made using Focaccia Dough)

When I was living in Paris, I had the fortune of being fed occasionally with my American girlfriend J's yummy Cinnamon Rolls. Now that I'm no longer in Paris and still have that occasional craving for said Rolls, I have no choice but to roll up the sleeve and make some of my own.

Actually, I was about to go to the neighbourhood bakery to ask them if they could sell me their bread dough (too lazy to make my own) - when I would have figured out how to say it in Italian (the Germans when I last stayed in Stuttgart never managed to understand what I was asking for). Then I told myself that the bread that they bake over here usually sucks so surely it wouldn't do better as a Cinnamon Roll.

However, the pizza is excellent, so...

I went to the supermarket and grabbed a roll of ready-made pizza dough (if you can find focaccia dough it'll be even better) off the shelf. Unrolled it at home, spread a Butter-Sugar-ground Cinnamon-ground Hazelnut filling all over it, rolled it up, cut it into pieces and baked them in a preheated 180ºC over for 25 minutes. They are best baked closely placed next to one another so that the sides will not turn dry.

Made using Pizza Dough

Then I made a simple butter and sugar icing and spread it on the freshly-baked rolls and basta - Cinnamon Rolls!

Bad thing was that I ate 4 in one go which surely contributed to the 2 kgs I've gained in 2 weeks recently. Arrgh! The Hub finished off the rest (cold) when he came home that night. He too needs to lose some weight.

PS : Update!!! It's even better with Focaccia dough...Thicker and softer, yummy!

3 commentaires:

SIG a dit…

Wow, that's very clever to use pizz dough! Great tip! Looks delicious.

Dutchess a dit…

Cheat!!!!!!! LOLOLOL.

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Heh heh so pleased with myself for having cheated, I must say...:-)