mardi, octobre 09, 2007

Happy 11th Eldest Son! (Beef Curry Puffs)

Beef Curry Puffs

My First Born turns 11 today. I shudder when I think of how long I have been a mother now. But still woke up very early this morning to make him a few Beef Curry Puffs to bring to school and share with his class. Besides, he has a presentation (Show and Tell) on Singapore to make this morning, so he gets to kill 2 birds with one stone. That's very Singaporean too, don't you agree?

The gas is cut off today as they are constructing a roundabout out there, so I don't know what I'll make for dinner. And baking a cake is definitely out since my oven is away for repairs. I think I'll have to drive around this morning to get some ideas.

I didn't make my own pastry this time around as I was lazy, but usually it's not difficult so not to worry. I used ready-made pâte/pasta brisée which is nice, flaky and fluffy when deep-fried. But between us, it's oily, I'd rather have it baked. Sprinkled some Ajwain seeds onto the pastry and pressed them lightly into it with my palm before cutting out rounds with a pastry cutter.

The Filling :

Boiled Potatoes
Hard boiled Eggs
Onions
Ginger
Garlic
Curry Powder
Cumin Seeds
Mustard seeds
Sugar
Curry leaves
Coconut milk
Grilled Minced Beef
Salt and Pepper

Saturday we'll have a party at Opla, an indoor playground in Modena. He's getting too old now for childish Birthday parties, so next year we'll have to explore more serious options like Go-Karting or Tree-Climbing.

Well, Happy Birthday my dear Son and may you have a bright and happy life ahead of you.

PS : The School Principal met me at the door at the end of the school day to inform me that she has tried my Beef Curry Puff and that she loved it. Thank God I put in one extra! Eldest Son was told by his teacher that he was welcome to make a presentation every day and bring along some food...

4 commentaires:

BibouMummy a dit…

HAPPY BIRTHDAY S! What a big boy already. You're sooo lucky to have such a great Mom and Dad.

Bisous

from the D'Arcy Clan

SIG a dit…

Happy birthday young man! Haha, mummy will be busy now with daily show and tell.

East Meets West Kitchen a dit…

Happy Belated Birthday to your lovely son!

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Thanks everybody. I'm pissed off with him though, already had complaints from his teacher about his behaviour and we're only one month into the new school (year). Why me?