jeudi, octobre 18, 2007

Prayer Answered

We were screaming at each other for a few days Hubby and myself - over our search for air tickets to Singapore. My brother is getting married just before Christmas so we are going to fly home to attend the wedding and air tickets are rare and very dear for that period. As the kids have to return to school and the Hubby has not much leave, we are constrained to leave and return during the peak holiday period and what we were going to pay honestly would have allowed me to have a new minimum 1-carat diamond ring.

It is therefore quite heartbreaking and to make matters worse, every minute we debated as to which option to take (e.g. SQ, AF, via Paris, Amsterdam, from Milan???) seemed to cost us even more money. Take for example Wednesday afternoon when I finally found tickets with the right flights departing at the right hour on the right days and decided to go for them. Due to some misunderstanding with Hubby, we waited for a few hours before booking them and discovered to our horror that the prices had gone up by another thousand Euros! I told myself that if I had given the money for the air tickets to my brother he would have been able to hold a few weddings with it...

It actually reached a point where Hubby and I started screaming at each other for this price increase (and especially over the hours and hours we have both spent hunting for the tickets) and I was telling him that he should just go spend X'mas with his mother and I'll return home alone with the kids. I slammed the door in his face as he was leaving for the office and so it was a sour start to the morning.

Then I decided to do something that I've not done in a long time - pray. To whoever is up there to help me find a solution on this very day. At least just return the prices to that of the day before.

A few hours later, I connected to the Air France website and discovered to my relief that the prices had indeed returned to that of the early part of the day before. I thanked the Lord for his grace and quickly booked and paid up for the flights. No point tempting fate.

And just 30 minutes later, when I decided to make a new price simulation for the same flights, they actually cost a few hundred Euros more.

7 commentaires:

M. a dit…

Thanks for the testimony. It just goes to show God's everlasting love and grace for us even when we neglect to acknowledge Him in good times. Praise God! :)

SIG a dit…

You have been blessed. Hey, must remember go Daiso when you come home. Hehehe.

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Daiso di tohlok? It is true that I keep seeing you mention that in your posts...

As for me being blessed, it was true, the Lord is gracious, though the air tickets still cost at least a 1 carat diamond leh. So xintong.

SIG a dit…

Aiyah you have big family what to do? You can go IMM which has the largest one, next is Vivo City, then Plaza Singapura. Everything there costs $2.

last frontier a dit…

Well, as you know I don't believe in prays as I'm not religious at all. For me it's silly that "God" could get you cheaper flight prices when he has much more important things to do and he can't do it... You should just call me that I would find you cheap prices via Portugal by TAP... just kidding !!! eheheheh

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Me too I have much important things to do but I usually tend to deal with the small ones 1st :-)

You know the saying about little pleasures...

Dutchess a dit…

What I want to know is - how did you and Hubby make up after your little tiff? *giggle*