mercredi, mars 14, 2012

Red - Painting Yao Ming with a Basketball



I have been meaning to post the above video for a while but never got round to it. Have been so busy in the past month I lack sleep and walk around nowadays with panda eyes.

But just in case you happen to miss this fabulous short video currently doing its round around the world, I thought I could bring it to you. Yi currently lives and works in Shanghai and is a very pretty and talented young lady. I first saw this video on her mother (a fabulous cook)'s blog and then caught an article about her in City Weekend published here in Shanghai and largely read by the expat community trying to keep abreast of everything happening in the city.

Yi, to me, represents creativity, enthusiasm, joy of life and beauty. She is also a kind of bridge between Shanghai where we live and S.E Asia where we come from. And in between, like myself, she has lived in Europe - yet another culture. But I've not even 1% of the young lady's talent, needless to say I envy her mother.

Yi drew a portrait of Yao Ming (the basketball star) with red paint and a basketball. She's amazing. See it for yourself - if you haven't already.

4 commentaires:

Sothy a dit…

Astonishing! I'm going to share it in FB.

Edith a dit…

This girl is really talented.

Christine a dit…

Yi is a Malaysian girl not Singaporean, her mom had a food blog calls A Daily Obsession.

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

@Sothy, oui c'est vraiment merveilleux ce qu'elle a fait, n'est-ce pas?

@Edith, I think she'll go really far in life.

@Christine, I believe I wrote that she came from S.E. Asia and Malaysia is in the region, no? My regular readers have already enjoyed her mum's beautiful blog since it's on my side bar.