vendredi, janvier 09, 2009

Tasks for 2009

This one's for Muriel's Hub P

If resolving to visit a number of stores both in person and online within the 1st week of the Sale counted, I've fulfilled at least one resolution in the New Year. Having busted my household budget for 2 months within the same week too, you may eventually count participating in reviving economy through consumption as the 2nd. From now on maybe dieting could be helped along if I should decide to serve us soups everyday so as to cut costs. I'm closing on the 3rd.

But the truth as we all know is that I've failed to stick to my resolution to spend less - even before the year started. And spend less I have to since times are bad.

Quite seriously, I suck at sticking to my resolutions. For the past 6 years I've set losing weight as a goal and never lost it for more than a few weeks. Last year I promised myself that I would finally attack this weight problem and lose those extra 10 Kgs. This year, I have 15 to lose.

I also resolved every year to be a nice wife and mother. Never resort to aggression or a raised voice to solve issues, only use reason and calm. Be a positive person, to only give praise and never criticise. Well, cows will fly.

I wanted to teach my children Chinese, help the Babies become geniuses. Then I decided that they should just enjoy their childhood while they can, play and watch TV.

I wanted to master Italian, sit for an exam. I've since stopped my lessons and now content myself with being able to order 200g of ham without any hesitation.

I resolved to become a sex goddess. But it's kind of difficult being one when you can hardly squeeze into your old kinky underwear and when you managed to, you look like Miss Muppet only less cute.

In 2009, I resolve therefore to not make any resolutions. Just set myself a few tasks and hope to finish them :
  1. I will spend less. To start with, I will postpone my diamond upgrade. We should work on saving for a new flat or house;

  2. I will find a good therapist for Eldest Son and put him on the Instrumental Enrichment Programme here in Modena (even if it means nulling task Nº 1);

  3. I will try to go to the gym at least once a week while I may not eat less;

  4. I will work on my flute (Hi Giorgio!) and piano;

  5. Parlerò più italiano.

And I will start with the above and see how things go before creating new ones.

2 commentaires:

sohcool a dit…

All the best to your resolutions. I think your entries are full of humor this year. Keep that up!

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

No no I didn't make no resolutions this year :-)

But do take care of yourself and baby - c'est pour bientôt. Add oil!