vendredi, janvier 16, 2009

The Art of the Toilet


Another reason why I find Europe wanting nowadays is that it's usually difficult to find free toilets wherever you are. And you know bladder control is a delicate matter with age. When we were last in Venice, I had to walk a long long way with MIL following WC signs and when we finally found it, it cost a hefty 1 euro per entry.

Back where I come from, you can find them almost everywhere you turn, they are usually free, clean and sometimes even designer.

And I really do have a thing for toilets, I often dream about them, a few times I've even "conducted" banquets in them. I regret very much of course not ever having designed and renovated my own bathrooms.

Found an article the other day about the Japanese and their toilets. Looks like I'm not alone in my love for them.

Aucun commentaire: