mercredi, janvier 07, 2009

Cold Wave

Snow-covered trees in the garden

If I could predict the winning numbers for the lottery like I could the weather, I would have been very rich now. Predicted a few months back that we would have a cold winter and it seems thus far that I had it right. Has not stopped snowing since the beginning of the week. Was waiting for the snow on the trampoline to melt so that we could try finding Baby Girl's lost tooth, but of course now there is more snow than ever on it.

Snow-covered trampoline

Was also waiting for school to start so that I could go check out the Sale. But of course it has to snow so that I couldn't go anywhere. You keep seeing images of overturned cars on the side of the road on the 8 o'clock news plus some 25-year old guy in France drowned after his car skidded and fell into the river. So I'm driving slowly and trying not to make sudden movements. After my near-accident last month on the 1st day it snowed, I must say that I am pretty nervous on the road nowadays.

Still, I managed to check out the Armani factory outlet near the house before the snow started getting really bad. Prices are still high, but then you'll be buying Armani after all. Found one lone woollen coat in my size (or my size 12 months ago). Took it as a sign and bought it. Even though I could barely squeeze into it. It is beautifully cut, though I've promised myself not to buy another black winter coat, I just couldn't resist it. I try normally to dress brightly in fuschia pinks and turquoise greens for psychological mood lift.

This morning's spoil

Bought a few pairs of big jeans for Eldest Son, not realising that he has managed to lose a few kgs since the last time I checked, so they are now a little too big for him. But it's OK, he'll grow into them. He started mentioning that those pants hung on him like they did on the Italian teenagers you see, you know the ones with porcupine hair and exposed briefs, from the poorer suburbs. That freaked me out, bought Armani jeans to fit like a glove, not hang and show buttocks, especially not Spiderman briefs.

Hub has 2 close friends from High School who married young. Both have daughters (one of them is Hub's God-Daughter) who sat for their Baccalauréat last year. Believe it or not, both obtained mention Très Bien! It's very rare and difficult to obtain this grade normally, so it's amazing to have both girls we know getting it. One has chosen to study medicine and the other law. So it doesn't help to know that unless some miracle should happen, we normally do not have mention Très Bien material on our hands et en plus he should expose his bum...

School may be closed tomorrow if it continues to snow. So much for my hoping to cover Sisley (have to get some kinky underwear for MIL), Max Mara, Geox and Zara. Therapy is at hand and yet inaccessible. What other cure for winter blues except more chocolate?

10 commentaires:

Muriel a dit…

You are so naughty! Where do you go for your shopping therapy?

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

I go wherever I could go between 8:30 and 3 : Reggio, Parma, Mantova, Modena, Florence, Bologna...And it has to have free and easy-to-park parking.

But my heart is not there. I would have preferred to be in London, Paris, NY, even Metzingen.

Where do you go?

petite fleur a dit…

This cold spell is apparently coming from Russia. I've seen more snow in the past 2 months than the 4 years that I've been here. Thank god we'll be going home soon.

Keep warm.

Muriel a dit…

I do not go shopping ^-^ I shop on internet or inthe Uk or in France where we go there ...

I have given up on retail therapy in Italy when I found out I was size 50 or XXl.

For Goodness sake in the UK I am only a L or size 14!

SIG a dit…

Wow, I saw on the news last night that the snow is still bad, and I was thinking of you. Then of cos I have time to finally check your blog today and gosh! That's a lovely Armani, by the way. :) I dare not even go near Zara or anywhere, cos spent too much at Christmas. :(

Oh, tks 4 the card. Love the logo! Haha!

SIG a dit…

Oh oh, but how to find the missing tooth still after the snow clears??? Gosh!

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Haha Russia. They sent cold spell and then cut gaslines during winter, way to do it.

Muriel, you're right, Italian sizing is depressing whether un numbering or in actual fit. Like I used to buy teenage clothes in Germany and they would fit me, here even woman's sizes I'm supposed to wear sometimes don't. Bum's too big.

SIG, so what wonderful things did you buy during x'mas? Glad you got the card, wasn't too sure about the Italian postal service...

bellatigre a dit…

Shop online if you can't physically make it to the shops! Afterall, you are an expert online shopper right?

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Bella, I do not want to say it too loudly 'case the Hub should take it in his mind to take that rare peep at my blog...

Of course I shop on the Net. Do I not breathe? At this very moment there are various packages travelling in smoke-filled vans (most delivery guys arrive with a cigarette in the mouth) wondering when they'll reach my loving hands.

Hands that will try to find a place to hide them the minute they touch base.

SIG a dit…

Me buy? Nothing lah, presents here and there for everyone lah.