mardi, décembre 04, 2007

Toasts and Puffs

Chilli Padi Sardine Puffs

M, R's French Hubby, sent Eldest Son home from Tennis this evening. His 2nd son is in the same group as my boy. I normally just thank him and wave him home as we do not have much to talk about. But this evening, he told me that he was in Singapore last week (his first visit) and that he found it a really beautiful country.

But of course! M is THE guy in charge of logistics for all of Ferrari's F1 races. He was in Singapore to check out the hotels for the team, the race tracks (actually Marina Bay) etc. And of course the Singapore races will have to be in September next year, September being the month when the new school year begins in Europe.

Not that we would be there even if it's going to be during our school holidays as we are honestly no F1 fans. Besides these races cost the earth and all that to go watch cars drive past you so fast that you can't see anything plus they'll make you deafer in the process.

But I'll go there as some kind of patriotic geste - mind you, Singapore's first F1 Race!

Though in case some of the family and friends start wondering if the Hub couldn't help obtain a ticket or 2 for the races, trust that the answer would be niente. I've tried my luck the other day (thought the parents may want to go) and he had said no without hesitation. I am still very pissed off about it truth be told.

But Madame has her own means. M said this evening that if it's for my parents he'll get me the tickets pas de problème. Well, let's hope he really meant it.

Feeling quite pleased after our little exchange, I felt like whistling (if I knew how to) and decided to make a few favourite things in the Hub's absence (just as well or I may be tempted to snigger in his face). I had 2 cans of sardines and so in they went with some chilli padi and lemon juice into some puff pastry to become Sardine Puffs.

French Toasts

Then I saw the half a can of sweetened condensed milk in the fridge and French Toasts came to mind. My favourite recipe being the one we learnt in Home Economics class at the age of 15. Just said milk with eggs, salt, pepper and some ground cinnamon. And I like to lightly toast my bread before dipping it in the egg mixture and frying it in some butter. On a grill like for steak.

And then I finished my glutton act by eating a whole crab all by myself.

1 commentaire:

One Wheel a dit…

hey, i like my sardines to go with chilli padi too. Usually what I do is debone the sardines then sprinkle the chilli padi on it and heat it up, have not tried adding lemon juice though, will try next time. You have Ayam brand sardines there?