lundi, décembre 03, 2007

Happy Birthday Baby Girl

Paper Plates

Baby Girl turned 5 yesterday. But with me being so busy for the school's Fair, I had to postpone her Bday Party to the middle of the month (this coming weekend we'll be having the Ferrari Natale Bimbi or Children's Christmas Party plus the Victory Party celebrating Ferrari's double win this year). Besides, I'm not ready for it anyway. I still haven't finished clearing out the room meant for the party. But I'm at it, I'm on it...

So on Friday last week, at the same time as I was busy moving tables for the X'mas Fair, I managed to squeeze in a little celebration for Baby Girl in her classroom. Ordered a cake from the best cake shop in Modena (the only I know, so it was a coincidence) and served it on paper plates with Beauty, Cinderella and Arielle on them. Both cake and plates cost quite a lot, I can't help but wish to lament over it. Have never paid 40 euros for a small child's Bday cake before. That could have gotten me a cake from La Durée in the Champs Elysées. Prices in Modena are really crazy. And if I'm more thick-skinned, I would have collected the plates for re-use as it was such a waste dumping such pretty plates after just a piece of cake. But all I could do is whinge after that...

It was a good cake though and the kids loved it. Many asked for seconds. We invited Baby Boy's Kindergarten class to join us and I offered his teacher Cristina a plate of my favourite petits fours (from the same shop) as it was also her Birthday. In the car, I was tempted to eat them all myself truth be told, but somehow managed to resist. Barely...


I think I'll bake my own cake for the Birthday Party in 2 weeks. Rather put the money in the Thank-you gifts that I'll be giving away to our little guests at the end of the party. Kids just love that. I know Baby Boy does. He's always asking when he could go to another Birthday party.

4 commentaires:

SIG a dit…

Happy birthday babay girl. Oh, she's same age as my girl. How nice. Lovely plates. Wow, but the cake is crazy in prize.

SIG a dit…

oopps, baby i mean. Hehe. And price not prize. I think it's too early, my brain is not awake.

One Wheel a dit…

Understand how you feel, it's really a waste to see the pretty plates go into the trash bin.

Anonyme a dit…

happy belated principessa! tanti baci da E e M (Torino)