dimanche, octobre 11, 2009

Gift of Signed Cap

Signed by Kimi and Massa

Anyone following news in the industry would know that DC (the man behind the design of the California and 458 Italia) will be leaving the company at the end of the year. I never usually praise anybody if I can help it, but this guy is style personified, kind, sweet and so very interesting. It will be the company's loss, mark my word.

Personally I am upset with the news as I have grown comfortable with having them next door and knowing that we could meet for a meal every now and then. I have grown pretty fond of the couple as I must have mentioned it before.

Last evening we invited them over for dinner. M got the boys a cap each signed by Kimi and Massa. That's so very sweet as she remembered that Eldest Son lost his last year and had a earful from me for it.

Foie Gras de Canard on French Bean Salad dressed in Olive Oil and Aged Balsamic Vinegar

In order to be able to join in the conversation, I cooked dinner beforehand : French Bean Salad with Duck Liver, Boeuf Bourguignon, Camembert and Tarte Tatin. Served with Krug Champagne, red Burgundy wine...A very French meal as you can see.

Boeuf Bouguignon (with fresh Funghi Porcini) on Fresh Tagliatelle

It was a truly lovely evening and we talked about Umbria where everyone has fallen in love with. One of M's brothers has bought a large property in Ovieto and it makes everyone want to do the same after visiting it. I think I would probably love Italy more if I were to live anywhere else but in Emilia Romagna. Between the pigs and the ceramics, Modena is really not a pretty city. I prefer rolling hills and cypress trees.

Hopefully we'll be able to meet up again before the end of the year. I will miss them so very much.

Aucun commentaire: