mercredi, août 27, 2008

Mom's Birthday

Strawberry Shortcake from Four Leaves

For once I happened to be in Singapore (or actually it was the day of my departure) when mom turned another year older, so together with the family (nearly 20 of us!) we threw her a dinner at a Tze Cha stall in Buangkok the day before. They do pretty decent Golden Fragrant (basically with curry leaves and spices) dishes and a rather mean Salted Egg Yolk Crab. I love salted egg yolks, so I'm definitely won over by the dish.

Salted Egg Yolk Crab

A few days earlier I was at a local-expat BBQ organised by Viv (before she left to work in Phuket) and got the chance to try 2 different tasty cakes from Four Leaves. That was where I ordered mom's Birthday Strawberry Shortcake from. Baby Boy ate at least 2 slices of the cake, what a little pig.


Hope you'll enjoy very good health and lots of happiness, mom, in the years to come. Happy Birthday once again!

1 commentaire:

SIG a dit…

Oh hehe, when I saw that cake I was thinking four leaves strawberry shortcake. It's one of my fav and my girl loves that too. Great you got to celebrate it for her. :)