mardi, mars 17, 2009

Grade 1 Lunch - a Casa Mia

Moms smiling for the camera

I have to put it on the record that I enjoy being Class Rep of Grade One. It's the biggest class in the school but it probably also contains the biggest proportion of nice, fun moms. For that I thank my lucky stars and for that too am I glad that Baby Girl didn't make it to Grade 2 (because of her birthdate). Though of course it doesn't mean that she should slack.

This morning, I hosted lunch for half of the class in my garden. It was a last-minute decision, made just yesterday when I realised that for once - only half of the class would be turning up for my next gathering. The weather forecast predicted a sunny day - Carpe Diem.


I made a really simple lunch of Roast Free-range Farm Chickens, Stir-fried Beans, Salad and Chicken Rice. Some of the moms brought cooked vegetables, wine and Lemon Cake and we made a really nice meal out of them.

What a lovely day and such nice company. Only regret - didn't get a chance to carry LP's cute baby boy. But I did volunteer to babysit him one day and boy am I looking forward to it.

Babies playing in the garden

1 commentaire:

Dutchess a dit…

My dear, you are making me miss my own patio and backyard and outdoor dining. The air even looks clean and fresh!

It's true what you say about fun mums. They make your life easier and well, more fun.