dimanche, mars 01, 2009

Good Luck String and 7-Stone Ring

H SI 0,80 ct

E came back from Bulgaria a few weeks ago and offered me a string. If I wore it on the 1st of March, it would bring me good luck according to her.

This morning, just after I've tied it round my left ankle, Hub announced that WiFi works after all in this house. It hadn't for the past 18 months, so this was good news and Eldest Son especially is happy since he now has hope that he would be able to surf on the Net on my old computer.

I on my part am glad that I wouldn't need to bring the Alice box back to the shop and make a complaint.

Then I did a good Rogan Josh and the Hub, in a good mood, decided to offer me a new ring for last Christmas (better late than never as we all know). I've been eyeing a 2-ct eternity ring (have been seeing it on a few of the mothers at school) for a while now, but he doesn't like it at all - so we compromised on a 7-stone ring. For a fat person I have fine fingers, so it is possible that an eternity ring would look too much on me.

This new ring is very simple, and only 0,8 ct - so that I can wear it on a regular basis. He said that we'll have to wait for the recession to be over and our 2nd home purchased before I get my diamond upgrade. Fair enough, I guess.

UPDATE : OK, shouldn't have blogged so positively before midnight. Just before we went to bed, the kids played with my Singstar ABBA and DAMAGED it!!!!!!!!! And finally opened the latest letter from the Gas company - and nearly choked when I saw the thousand euro bill. March is going to be a tough month.

6 commentaires:

sohcool a dit…

But why 1 March only?

SIG a dit…

Wow, lucky girl. I want that string too, next March!

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Dunno leh. Anyway, this was just for fun. Doon't become too superstitious!!!

And as you can see, the day hadn't been all rosy either.

And SIG, you wouldn't need the string. You have a lucky face.

Dutchess a dit…

Never mind the string, just give me the ring! Haha.

Goodness gracious, lotus! €1000gas bill?! What have you been doing, lighting bonfires indoors or what? My heart bleeds for you...

Pris a dit…

Hey S. Your curry always look so good! I must try the recipe soon. I tend to save them and then they are just stuck on my computer hahah! Anyways, that´s a gorgeous ring you have there! My wedding ring is "dropping" diamonds! Can you believe it? So far 2 diamonds have dropped off and we´ve replaced one, the other one has to be replaced this time we go back to Sg. Lee Hwa quality....

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Dutchess, honestly the house is often cold so we couldn't be heating alot but the bills have been quite scary - and that was only for gas. There's still water and electricity.

Well, Italy is energy-dependant. Have read that on average energy here is 1.6 times more expensive than the rest of Europe (and twice more than France).

Pris, wish I were around to catch your falling diamonds :-).