lundi, mars 16, 2009

Egg and Mixed Dal Curry, Prawn Biryani

Egg and Mixed Dal Curry

Yesterday's lunch. Normally wouldn't fry the hardboiled eggs (too oily) but decided to do it the "right" way this time. The Mixed Dal Curry contained different types of lentils and beans - good for health. But is not entirely vegetarian since I made it with a meat stock.

Prawn Biryani

The Prawn Biryani too had its own stock - leftover from my garlic and wine vongole the night before.

We ate out in the garden for the first time this year - after we've hosed down the garden furniture that was filled with spiderwebs and pigeon shit.

Once Spring is here, it'll be time to entertain again.

3 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

You make more Indian food than I do.

PS; I'm sure you'll appreciated this. I had a dream the other night. I was told (by who, cant recall) that I can only choose one food to eat. In front of me, Hokkien Mee, Mee Rebus, and Chicken Murtabak. I said no, I want them all.. And then I woke up so very hungry. What a horrid dream right?

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Boy, that's the kind of lousy dilemma dream I wouldn't want to have. But I would choose Mee Rebus if I really have to. Was just telling myself after I've polished off Prima Taste's Mee Rebus (my only packet) that boy can I eat this everyday.

Dutchess a dit…

This is the first time I've heard of Prawn Briyani. Will remember it for next time.

I really shouldn't read your blog on an empty stomach. First the samoussas, now this.... argh.