jeudi, mai 03, 2007

Happy Mother's Day to Me

I was just thinking the other day that I would love to own a piece of jewellery from Mauboussin. Something from Place Vendôme where I used to attend classes (very early morning, walking walking walking during the month-long transport strike in 1995) in a few of those luxury boutiques as part of an elective at Sciences Po Paris.


Well, the Mountain came to Ali this morning. I got myself this simple ring (was tempted to get the really big and flashy one, but had to anticipate the Breadwinner's reaction). 1 Carat Citrine in 18K yellow gold. From the Alessandrine Collection.

After I've flashed the Visa card, I emailed the Hubby (in Italy, probably still drinking coffee and trying to get ready for work) and thanked him for my Mother's Day present. It was 7:25am. I must say that he took it well. Just said that if I wore it he'll consider it money well-spent :-). And he kindly wished me a Happy Mother's Day. He could be so sweet my Gros Doudou, n'est-ce pas?

5 commentaires:

Dutchess a dit…

That is REALLY beautiful! So simple and yet elegant. You're one lucky mom!

last frontier a dit…

What a spoiled mother !!!
How much have you spent ?
Mother's day isn't only on the 6th May ?

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Thanks Dutchess, I hope that it looks as good in real as I've bought it online. Hubby thought it looked a bit too classic, but that's the way I like my jewellery - old fashioned.

Sergio, Mother's Day is celebrated on different dates in different countries. Actually, I've never had a Mother's Day present before, but there's always a 1st in everything - especially if you decide to take care of it yourself :-).

Meanwhile, I do not consider that I've spent anything since it's supposed to be a gift. LOL

But if you are keen to offer one to your wife, they sell it for 1550 Euros in the boutique in Place Vendôme. Though I wouldn't spoil my Buyer's joy by revealing my price to all and sundry :-).

Hornbill a dit…

Yes, that is a nice piece of jewelery you have chosen. In Germany, Mother's day falls on 13May....always on the 2nd Sunday of May.

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Yeap, Mag, like in S'pore. But in France, it's in June.