mardi, avril 24, 2007

Visit to the Paediatrician

For a few months now I've had to bring Baby Girl to the Paediatrician for a urine test. They have found a little blood in her urine and kept testing her now and then - as if the blood will miraculously disappear over the weeks.

She seems to be in good health so I am just waiting this out too. But I guess that I'll have to put my foot down if the next test (in a fortnight) should prove to be positive again. Ask to see the Doctor, get him to do something etc.

I wonder sometimes at the lack of utility in my life. But then, someone has to fetch the kids around, feed them, check their homework and bring them to the Doctor. Smart women hire nannies and Au Pairs to do the job, while they move the Earth and fulfill themselves. But I just couldn't bear the thought of being away from my kids, and having to deal with another unrelated person on a daily basis. It is horrible the feeling of guilt, it is stronger than my frustrations of a useless housewife.

Anyway, as I was sitting in the waiting room reading my copy of The Economist (Hubby has subscriptions to Le Monde and said magazine now and would try to bring them back to me every week), Emine walked in with her kids. My Albanian classmate from last year's German class. We blah blahed in our broken German (I tried to laugh at the appropriate moments hoping that she wouldn't notice that I couldn't catch half of what she was saying) for like 10 minutes and then I noticed an Asian man walking into the room with his 2 kids - and they were speaking in Cantonese.

Hey, that I could more than understand! I asked the guy where he came from (China) and we started to exchange the usual questions (e.g. how long have you been here etc). Found out that there's a Chinese restaurant above REAL near the airport that may be quite edible. And his wife works for BETA, a new big Asiensupermarkt in Hedelfingen. You see, it's always when you are going to leave a place that it starts looking good. That has always been the story of my life.

Then another woman walked in and she had a Carnet de Santé in her hands. So she's French. I could have struck up a conversation with her too, but then, what the heck, I'm gonna leave Stuttgart soon. What's the point of making more friends? And having to leave them behind - again.

3 commentaires:

Dutchess a dit…

I hope your daughter's test came out clear. I know what you mean about making new aquaintances... most times I keep a distance, because I know that I'll have to say goodbye sooner than later. Some misconstrue it for aloofness, but what else to do?

Hornbill a dit…

Yeap...I hope your daughter's test came out clear too.

I think I have been to that Chinese restaurant near Stuttgart airport (forgot the name, that was 1 1/2 years ago) and it was so so lah, nothing great. We were picking up our friends from the airport but we were early so we drove around and found this restaurant.

I know about BETA the Asian supermarket but haven't been there, my husband did cos is near to his office and he said it's quite big but not as big as the one in Paris Chinatown (Tang Freres).

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Thanks, gals.

Mag, I went to the Wokhaus Chinese restaurant above REAL yesterday and I told hubby that it was so-so too. The duck was ok, but everything else was just like everywhere else.

Such a disappointment...

But I'm going to check out Bao Jing in Vaihingen (near the Corso Kino where they play movies in English) a second time, the last time it was quite good actually.