mercredi, août 29, 2007

Parc Asterix

MIL lives an hour north of Paris and about 30 minutes from Parc Asterix. So visite obligée when you have 3 kids 2 of whom are crazy about rides and anything that moves. The Eldest is the most cowardly of them all, but still found joy in visiting the Park as he is a fan of the comic strip.

It's one of my favourite amusement parks. Well done with a good mix of rides for all ages. But better be at least 1m tall or you'll not be able to do most of the rides. And do read some of the comics before you turn up, you'll enjoy it all the better if you did.
Hubby and I we did this. It's so long the picture couldn't show all of it. But nothing exciting, just headache.

My personal favourite is the Viking Boat. A close second is the Menhir Express. I like it when I slide down from a certain height and can feel my heart being tickled - but in safety, of course.
Dolphine Show (30-min wait for 15-min show)

The queues were long but probably not as long as in Disneyland. And the food sold in the Park is certainly much more edible. 33 Euros for Adults. 25 Euros for children 3-11 years. Slight reduction for Senior citizens and families with at least 3 kids. Check out http://www.parcasterix.fr/.

And of course we were as usual the rare people who walked out of the park WITHOUT buying any souvenir (unless you consider Eldest Son's comic book purchase). But normal if you're with Hubby and his mother.

3 commentaires:

Dutchess a dit…

We love Asterix too (I've got all the comics *blush*) and visited the Parc when R was three. We also snapped a pic of him on the shield. I think it's a must isn't it? LOL.

I didn't go on any rides (terrified of them) but enjoyed it nevertheless. And we went away with two helmets - Asterix for R and Obelix for me *double blush*.

One Wheel a dit…

Do you remember we were there like 10 years ago ? Sat on the viking, I still have those photos somewhere.

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Yes, I remember of course. Went there for the 1st time with you. And met that weird Chinese girl on the shuttle bus, remember? God, how time flies...