mercredi, août 29, 2007

Lo Mai Kai (Glutinous Rice with Chicken)


I had a craving for glutinous rice when I was in France and vowed to make it upon my return.

So on Monday I started to soak my rice and last evening I cooked it.

450g Thai Glutinous Rice
400g Chicken Thighmeat (deboned and skinless)
2 Chinese Sausages
A few Chinese Mushrooms
2 cloves Garlic
Small piece Ginger
Dark Soy Sauce
Light Soy Sauce
Oyster Sauce
Sesame Oil
Sherry
1 Tbsp Sugar
450ml Chicken/Pork Stock
Fresh Chilli
Coriander Leaves
Salt and Pepper

Basically just soak the rice and mushrooms overnight. Drain and set aside. Slice the meat, sausages, mushrooms into bite-size pieces. Marinate the meat for a few hours with the sauces. Heat up wok and fry the sausages, mushrooms, garlic, ginger and sugar in some oil. Add in the chicken and when it's nearly cooked through, stir in the drained glutinous rice. Mix well and adjust seasoning if necessary.

Pour the fragrant rice with its ingredients in a steaming container, add in the meat stock, cover and steam for 20 minutes. Serve hot with some fresh parsley and red chillis. I like to eat it cold too.

6 commentaires:

East Meets West Kitchen a dit…

That looks yummy. I love lo mai kai too! :)

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

But very bad for the diet! I've meant to ask you, where are you from originally?

East Meets West Kitchen a dit…

Sorry for the late reply, as I just saw your question.
We are from the same beautiful little island, and we have almost similar choice of blog names. Alas, we also enjoy similar likes for food! :)

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Actually I'm surprised you found the question. I often leave comments in other blogs and couldn't find them again (or can't remember where I left them).
Did you leave Singapore a long time ago?

East Meets West Kitchen a dit…

Haha! Are you testing me to see how many times I go back to this post? hehe! Yes, some time ago. Wanna email me and we'll chat more?

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

I'll email you if you have your email on your blog. But maybe later on in the week as school starts today and in the next 2 days at least I'm going to enjoy my freedom and go shopping!