mardi, février 27, 2007

I Want To Move It Move It

Baby Boy : "I want to move it move it..."

Me : "Move what?"

Baby Boy : "I want to move it move it..."

Me : "What do you want to move?"

Eldest Son : "It's a song from Madagascar."

Me : "I didn't know they speak English there. What are they moving anyway?"

Eldest Son : "Madagascar is a cartoon, mom."

Me : "Oh, OK. But for your info, it's also a country."

7 commentaires:

Dutchess a dit…

Bwahahahhaha....
Your kids, too? My son couldn't stop singing and dancing to that song. Who knew when many moons ago, I was dancing to this song in the discos that my son would also be dancing to the same tune. Unbelivable!

Did your kids watch the cartoon to death? Mine did. So much so I've almost got the script down pat. *roll eyes*

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Huh? You mean this song dated to before the cartoon? God, I am so Mountain Tortoise...

But I've never been to a disco in my life so maybe that explains it.

Yeah, my kids watched that cartoon who-knows-how-many times. I only got to watch it myself (in bits and pieces) recently, you know, when they are sitting quietly for once in front of the TV you just have to take the opportunity to go do something else...

Dutchess a dit…

Yeah, this song was all the rage in the early 90s and this woman went to the discos every weekend, not to mention Zouk on Wednesdays for their mambo Jambo nights. LOL. Goodness! I feel so old now!

One Wheel a dit…

Haha, you have to keep up-to-date ah, else your kids will think you not keeping up with them :)

Go to this youtube link and you can sing along to the Move It tune :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGptFpcPkuk

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Thanks for the link, One Wheel.

I took the chance to check out my favourite singer Danny Chan, sigh, he's been dead such a long time now...

Hornbill a dit…

Not only kids like the movie 'Madagascar'......me too and it also happens to be one of my favourite movies apart from 'Ice Age' ;-) I think I have even watched it more than twice...hehehehe.

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Ah Mag, like myself you are a child at heart :-).

That's why I buy loads of animated films for my kids, though I do not have much time to follow them myself nowadays. When they watch TV, I do something else!