vendredi, février 02, 2007

Char Siu (Barbecued Pork) Noodles

I saw REWE selling filet mignon (pork filet) at a pretty decent price the other day and told myself that I had to make a pork dish. But it would be a pity to cut it up since it was quite nice looking as it was and the idea of making Char Siu (Barbecued Pork) was thus born. And I had a craving for thin egg noodles so I made Char Siu Noodles for dinner.

Pork Filet mignon (make a few cross cuts on the surface of the meat)
Minced Garlic
1 Tsp Ground Ginger
1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
A pinch of Ground Cloves
Half a Star Anise
1 Tsp Oyster Sauce
1 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
1 Tsp Dark Soya Sauce
1 Tbsp Honey
1 Tsp Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Sesame Oil
1 Tsp Fermented Beans or Peanut Butter
Salt and Pepper
Red or white wine or dry Sherry
Red Food Colouring (optional)

Spice and sauce the pork and leave it to marinate for a few hours. Heat an oven to 200ºC. Grill the filet in it for 20 minutes (I leave it in its marinade, but adding in some wine and water to keep it from drying out. Otherwise, grill it without the marinade, but will have to brush it with it from time to time). Take it out of the oven to turn it over onto its other side. If you want the surface of the meat to burn, add some honey to it. Put it back into the oven for another 20 minutes. If cooking with the marinade, adjust the liquid level to make sure that the sauce will not dry out and burn. I served slices of the pork on thin egg noodles and poured some of the sauce over it.

PS : You can see peanuts on the meat as I used Chunky Peanut Butter :-).

Aucun commentaire: