mercredi, janvier 05, 2011

Cucina del Museo Revisited - Again

Cerdo with Lambrusco Reduction & Berries

On the eve of our move, we decided to complicate our lives by going out for a long dinner - made really worth the while albeit by a wonderful group of friends. Being torn between finishing up the sorting out and spending quality time with said friends was nothing compared to being condemned to blogging about the dinner - because the Hub is currently snoring the house down. Which is normal after the after-dinner grappa, only there is no way that I can sleep with a bulldozer in my current restless state.

Gambas with Black Truffle Cream (excellent)

Fresh Pasta with Fish

Pan-fried Foie Gras

We dined at the Cucina del Museo in Modena. I've blogged about the restaurant here and here sometime back and we've always enjoyed our meals there. Going back with the French Bs and German Bs was the icing on the cake, a wonderful way to say goodbye to Modena and its cuisine. I was going to say "goodbye to our friends" too, but as CB reminded me, not yet - since she would cook dinner for us all on Friday for the real finale.


They didn't do any menus this evening but we cajoled the owner to come up with one for us, with matching wines thrown in (@250 euros per couple). The food was very good as usual - if the fish pasta was a little too fishy and the deer a little too cooked for my taste. But the wines (particularly the Amarone and Sauvignon fumé) were very good, though needless to say I couldn't abuse since I had to drive us home after dinner. As it was, I grilled the first red light out of the parking...

The merry diners

The movers arrive in a few hours. I still need to fold a last batch of clothes and put away the ski stuff. Oh, and there are also the dirty dishes from the children's dinner to put away...Will I ever be ready? Can I sleep? Will I get fined for that red light?

8 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Lotus, you look very seductive in that photo!

You sound very pek chek, take it easy.

Anonyme a dit…

all the food looks so good!

Shirley @ Kokken69 a dit…

Good food and good company... it's good to take a break from the moving woes!

The Antiques Diva a dit…

I'm so intrigued by that Lambrusco reduction...

Malaya Straits Banknotes a dit…

Madam,
I chanced upon your 'culinary blog' when I was googling for Teresa Teng.

Will try your recipe for Bak Kwa as my Missus has talked about making some ever since I bought her an electric oven recently for the Chinese New Year.

Et je vous souhaite un tres bon Nouvel An chinois!

Steve a dit…

Hi there!

My name is Steve Walters and I recently started blogging at http://www.eatingbangkok.com, which is currently being updated with recipes, but in the next few months will be my vehicle for covering the food and restaurant scene in Bangkok Thailand.

I am now in the process of meeting as many food bloggers as I can and I found your site http://www.beaulotus.blogspot.com/ recently and was pretty impressed. I've added your site to my Foodie Blogs list here: http://www.eatingbangkok.com/foodie-blogs/ and would also like to add you to my blogroll.

If you could add my site to your blogroll and write back to let me know it has been added (foodie [at] eatingbangkok.com) I will add you to mine as well and the exchange would be greatly appreciated!

As you might imagine I am very excited to get moved to Bangkok and get started on covering the food scene there as I feel it is an area that isn't well covered by English speaking bloggers. I plan on adding loads of great reviews, pictures and even video and will be holding contests as well. It should be fun, entertaining and informative for everyone that visits.

Thank you so much in advance for adding me to your blogroll and I look forward to reading your posts (I've subscribed!) and maybe even featuring some of your own posts as I do plan on a weekly roundup of Thai themed recipes and posts from other food bloggers.

Warm regards,
Steve

P.S. If you are on Twitter I would love to have you as a follower and I follow back:
http://www.twitter.com/eatingbangkok

Anonyme a dit…

hello! i hope you're doing well in China and that you had a good Chinese New Year! Do blog soon, I like your funny style! (=

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Hi everyone, happy chinese new year and thanks.

I haven't been blogging since I am now in Shanghai and have no VPN - yet. This is a trial version on my son's Macbook, but will try to blog again in April when we'd have moved into our new house etc.

Do let me know how the recipes turn out, I will make adjustments if I could have your feedback.

Meanwhile I haven't been cooking, have probably tried all the restaurants in the area, hello waistline - definitely cannot be missed.