mardi, juin 10, 2008

Fried Shrimp and Pork in Bean Curd Skin

Fried Shrimp and Pork in Bean Curd Skin

Dear E from Torino brought me some soft bean curd skin when she visited me a few months ago and I have finally done something with them : Fried Shrimp and Pork in Bean Curd Skin. For the Grades 3 and 4 Traditional Foods presentation - even though I have no children in the 2 classes...

Very easy to make and a little too oily for my own good but Oh! so yummy. And of course, the same thing can actually be steamed instead of fried.


The filling :

Raw peeled Shrimps
Raw minced Pork
Shallots
Garlic
Chinese Mushrooms
Fresh Coriander
Water Chestnuts (optional)
Light Soy Sauce
Dry Sherry or Chinese Rice Wine
Oyster Sauce
Ketchup Manis
Sesame Oil
Pepper
Egg


Offered a few of the Bean Curd parcels in exchange for the right to taste the goodies that the other moms made for said presentation. Sh made a really hot and spicy Chicken Biryani and needless to say I wasn't shy, helped myself to 3 servings of the good stuff. And straight after I had lunch (Tex Mex) with Rb and the new mom J. So much (as usual) for my diet.


Part of the Traditional Foods Spread

Aucun commentaire: