jeudi, septembre 28, 2006

Spaghetti alle Vongole

I must have eaten this everyday when I was in Tuscany. Simple but tasty dish. Found some vongole at Markthalle in Stuttgart yesterday and just had to make the dish. Turned out really great.















400g of Vongole (Venus Clams)
2 huge cloves of fresh Garlic
8 Cocktail Tomatoes (cut into half)
Chilli (optional)
Olive Oil
White Wine
Salt and Pepper to taste
Parsley
Lemon juice
Freshly grated Parmesan
Spaghetti for 2

Heat up a generous amount of olive oil in a frying pan. Brown the finely-sliced garlic. Add in the cocktail tomatoes and the chilli. Stir a little and then add in the washed and drained fresh vongole. Pour in some of the wine and then cover the pan. When the clams are all opened up (do not overcook), remove the cover, add salt and pepper to taste, add in the chopped parsley, squeeze in the lemon juice, serve hot over a bed of spaghetti and do not forget the parmesan cheese (but not too much or it'll kill the subtle taste of the vongole).

4 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Hi there Beaulotus..

It's me Siena! Opps surprise? Yehey! I can access to your blogspot finally!
I like your posts..your passion for cooking inspires me so much. Can I try some of your recipes, pls?

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Hey hey, not really. I saw that you have been visiting my blog from Hunan :-).

You can of course try out my recipes - but at your own risk (ha ha).

Venusian a dit…

Hi there Beaulotus,

I got a message from you at43t but I couldn't read it due to some logging in problems. Now, I terribly miss the site.

Anyway, in here I get to still keep in touch with you..

And talking about recipes, haha yes I will try them at my own risk, just joking but really your recipes are easy to follow, except that perhaps some of the ingredients are non-existent here. still, I will try..

Have fun cooking...more...

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Siena I was asking you about your trip and telling you how jealous I was over those gorgeous qipao studio photos of yours :-).

If you still can't get me on 43, email me on my blog.