vendredi, janvier 18, 2008

More Cook Books


Thought I'd take a break from my Singapore Chronicles to mention that I've finally received my huge book order from Amazon.co.uk. Among them, 2 books from P.G. Wodehouse, the last Harry Potter and notably 3 cookbooks - Reinventing French Cuisine by Pierre Gagnaire, Recipes from a 3 Star Chef by Gordon Ramsay and Wok & Co : the very best of Ken Hom.

Unfortunately the book by Alain Ducasse was out of stock AFTER I've ordered it and I'll have to find it somewhere else now.

I'm not one to follow any recipe religiously, but like Eldest Son I like to look at books with pictures and hopefully find inspiration from them. So what should I cook for dinner tonight?

5 commentaires:

SIG a dit…

Wow, love that cover on the cookbook. I also have many but hardly follow, only love looking at pictures and let my mouth water haha. S, it was really lovely meeting you and the kids. And so happy that the girls got along so well. T is such a wonderful girl. If only you had more time and we'd have met earlier, they could have played together more. And it's great seeing T enjoy her food so much. :) Who's to know that despite hot weather throughout your trip, that it had to rain the day we met and I think the monsoon just kind of carried on from there. The rain on Monday at 4pm was horrendous.

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

Yeah lor it had to rain so heavily on the day we met, talk about lousy timing. In fact the day the Hub left (be it Singapore or Desaru) it started raining...What do you make out of that?

East Meets West Kitchen a dit…

Love those books you mentioned, and can't wait to get my hands on a couple of them myself. hehe!
Wanted to let you know that the rain we had the day we met was nothing compared to the one on Monday. Poor D and her princess had to wait at the bus stop for that downpour to stop. If water is the symbol of luck and money, then all three of us will be loaded by now! hahahaha!
Seriously, it was a pleasure meeting you in person, and D was right when she said that the kids got along so well. I thought the 3 of us grown-ups did too! ;)

SIG a dit…

Oh gosh, don't even remind me of that day. Was a nightmare! I thought I was like in HKG or Taiwan caught in a typhoon. Ya man, I sure wish to have all that luck and money. Haha.

Oh, yes, we had loads of fun.

Beau Lotus 涟 a dit…

D and V, it was really nice meeting the both of you.

Thank God V you've decided to extend your stay! At least I managed to put a lovely face and statuesque figure to your creative cooking :-)

D, forgot to add that Princess is a really lovely girl and so very sweet and kind. And she really wants to take care of the younger kids, doesn't she?

I could do with loads of money alright, have over-spent alamak...