lundi, mars 08, 2010

Pineapple and Almond Crumble

Pineapple and Almond Crumble
Remember the country pineapple tartlets that I made for the Chinese New Year? Well, I still have a jar of the pineapple filling left and it has indeed been keeping well for the past month. Between Baby Girl and myself, we've finished the tarts which I must say tasted even better a few days after they were baked. I am pretty pleased with the not-too-smooth pineapple jam, quite liking the bits and pieces of the fruit that could still be found in it.

I toyed with the idea of making another batch of pineapple tarts and then the idea of making a Pineapple and Almond Crumble came as I was using the porcelain ramequins for my Cheese Soufflé. I didn't feel like rolling and cutting out tartlet bases and the less-work crumble suited me better. If I were to make a new batch of pineapple filling for the crumble though, I would cut the pineapple into larger chunks before cooking them. The result will be even more satisfying.


I used equal volumes of butter, sugar, flour, oats and sliced almonds to make the crumble. Only I first baked the crumble without the almonds for 20 minutes (200°C) before adding them and continuing with the baking for another 10-15 minutes.

Aucun commentaire: